Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is from "The Fannie Farmer Cookbook" by Marrion Cunningham. I made this for a family reunion once and it was gone after a minute so I guess its good.
- 1 lb fresh tomato, finely chopped and seeded
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 ounces green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix all of the said ingredients together.
- Let it sit 4 hours.
- It's good--trust me.
- Not really sure how much it makes -- 3 cups isn't real.