Recipe by MrsDoty
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens. It's a great salad for a hot summer day.
Top Review by BreadMeister
Great summer meal. My husband loves Salad Nicoise but I had never prepared it at home. 6 ounces of salmon is plenty for two salads and the recommendations for microwaving the potatoes worked very well. They were al dente but plenty done. I will be serving this regularly.
- 170.09 g frozen salmon fillets
- 340.19 g red new potato
- 1 pickling cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 118.29 ml cherry tomatoes, halved halved or 118.29 ml yellow pear tomato, halved
- 20-30 nicoise olives
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 29.58 ml lemon-nut vinaigrette (I use recipe 180528)
- 473.18 ml torn mixed greens
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 29.58 ml lemon-nut vinaigrette
- 0.5 ml seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Place fish steak on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn fish and broil for 3 to 7 minutes more or just until fish begins to flake easily. Cool to room temperature. Break or cut salmon into large chunks. (You should have about 1 cup.).
- Cut the potatoes into cubes. Place the cubes in a microwave safe dish, sprinkle with seasoned salt, and cover with plastic wrap. Cook on your microwave's potato setting, or 3-4 minutes on high.
- In a medium bowl combine the potatoes, cucumbers, cherry or pear tomatoes, olives, and red or white onion. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetable mixture. Toss to coat.
- Divide the mixed greens between 2 individual plates. Spoon the vegetable mixture over the greens. Arrange the salmon or tuna and the hard-cooked egg on top of the vegetables. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serves 2 generously.