Recipe by Janny7
I think it's the combination of fresh salmon and panko (Japanese bread crumbs) that makes these patties so good. Very tasty and crispy. I used leftover grilled salmon and it made an easy meal.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, cooked, skinned and chilled
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs (divided)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Flake the salmon into a large bowl.
- Using a fork, mix in 1/2 cup panko, scallions, celery, parsley, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties about 1 inch thick.
- In a bowl, mix remaining 2 1/2 cups panko with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Coat the patties with the panko, then dip into eggs, then coat with panko again.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add 4 salmon patties and cook until golden, about 3 minutes each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with the remaining oil and patties.