Prep 3 hrs
Cook 6 mins
Although you can make these in a frypan, they are definitely better grilled, I make these on both my indoor grill as well as outdoor grill, make certain to oil the grill well before cooking them. Serve these on toasted buns with mayo and lettuce and sprinkle extra hoisin sauce over them. You should get about 6-8 patties with 2 pounds of fresh salmon. You can double the amounts. Plan ahead the salmon burgers have to chill for a minimum of 3-4 hours before cooking.
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, boneless and skinless
- 3 -4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 3 -4 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 -3 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- Place the salmon, hoisin and mayo in a food processor; using on/off turns blend until coarsely ground (don't over process!).
- Transfer to a bowl and add in all remaining ingredients; mix to combine.
- Shape into 6-8 patties.
- Place on a tray, cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- In a frypan or grill, cook the patties for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked.
I cut the recipe in half and cooked them on the stovetop, in our grill pan. They turned out fabulous! DH and I really enjoyed these and will definately make again. Thanks Kitten!
This recipe sounded very good, but there was to much hoisin for my taste. If I made these again in the future I would probably only put a tbsp of hoisin in the recipe. Thanks for posting.
These were outstanding!! What a tasty way to eat fish. I followed the recipe exactly and pan fried them in grapeseed oil. Will keep this on in my recipe book.Thanks for sharing!