Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Although you can make these in a frypan, they are definitely better grilled, I make these on both my indoor grill as well as outdoor grill, make certain to oil the grill well before cooking them. Serve these on toasted buns with mayo and lettuce and sprinkle extra hoisin sauce over them. You should get about 6-8 patties with 2 pounds of fresh salmon. You can double the amounts. Plan ahead the salmon burgers have to chill for a minimum of 3-4 hours before cooking.
Top Review by lucid501
I cut the recipe in half and cooked them on the stovetop, in our grill pan. They turned out fabulous! DH and I really enjoyed these and will definately make again. Thanks Kitten!
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, boneless and skinless
- 3 -4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 3 -4 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 -3 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the salmon, hoisin and mayo in a food processor; using on/off turns blend until coarsely ground (don't over process!).
- Transfer to a bowl and add in all remaining ingredients; mix to combine.
- Shape into 6-8 patties.
- Place on a tray, cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- In a frypan or grill, cook the patties for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked.