Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Have some fun with this tempting alternative to beef burgers! When pulsing the salmon in the food processor, do not let it get mushy- keeping some texture will make a better burger. I like to serve this with mayo that I've added some dill to or a fruit salsa or relish topping.
- 2 lbs center cut salmon, skinless and boneless
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 dash Tabasco sauce
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 toasted sesame seed hot dog buns
- Coarsely chop the salmon with a knife.
- Place in a food processor and pulse the machine on and off to achieve a coarse texture; do not over process.
- Lightly combine the salmon with the remaining ingredients, except the buns and garnishes.
- Form into 6 patties about 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick.
- Preheat coals or gas grill for grilling.
- Brush the grill with vegetable oil.
- Grill the burgers for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until just cooked through, turning carefully.
- Serve immediately on the toasted buns with garnishes of your choice.
Wow!! As a newbie to the west coast, having access to fresh salmon has been so wonderful. I was looking for a new idea for dinner & decided I would buy ground salmon. The store didn't carry it but the meat manager told me to just do my own, so I did & used this recipe. The only ingredient I didn't have was tobacco so I used Asian hot sauce, & the burgers were fabulous!!! I used a cast iron frying pan as i wasnt sure how they would stay together, they were fine. next time i will try them on the bbq.They are so good that I wouldn't hesitate to serve them to guests for dinner. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Fantastic! My husband, son and I all loved this recipe. I did not have any scallions or chives, but everything else was in there. I didn't add anything not listed. I did salt the patties after I turned them in the pan, Yummy. I toasted hamburger buns and used a delicious sour cream/mayo dill sauce recipe that I made. We will definitely be having this again when my husband comes home from fishing with way too much salmon!
So good! And easy! was getting sick of plain old salmon but am trying to cut down/eliminate red meat and pork and this was perfect.I added lemon juice as i didn't have lemon zest and added cayenne pepper. Also Im low carb so I used Almond meal instead of bread crumbs and they stayed together perfectly! Thanks so much!!!!!!!