Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from the February 2008 issue of More magazine, as they report an enchanting article about novelist Martha McPhee's culinary adventure in Morocco.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
Simple and tasty salad with fennel and pomegranate seeds. I added a touch of lemon juice to the olive oil and instead of pistachio's I used sliced almonds. I think adding a little pom juice to the oil might make a tastier dressing for this salad. Made for vegetarian tag.
- 10 ounces lettuce, garden fresh if possible
- 1⁄2 cup chives, snipped
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and very thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil, for tossing
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- If possibile, use fresh lettuce from yours, a friend's, or from a farmer's market.
- Clean and dry the leaves and place in salad bowl.
- Add chives and fennel to lettuce and toss.
- Mix together olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Toss lettuce with chive and fennel dressing.
- Divide among 6 plates, and garnish with pomegranate seeds and pistachios.