Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a recipe from the February 2008 issue of More magazine, as they report an enchanting article about novelist Martha McPhee's culinary adventure in Morocco.
- 10 ounces lettuce, garden fresh if possible
- 1⁄2 cup chives, snipped
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and very thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil, for tossing
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut, chopped
- If possibile, use fresh lettuce from yours, a friend's, or from a farmer's market.
- Clean and dry the leaves and place in salad bowl.
- Add chives and fennel to lettuce and toss.
- Mix together olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Toss lettuce with chive and fennel dressing.
- Divide among 6 plates, and garnish with pomegranate seeds and pistachios.
Simple and tasty salad with fennel and pomegranate seeds. I added a touch of lemon juice to the olive oil and instead of pistachio's I used sliced almonds. I think adding a little pom juice to the oil might make a tastier dressing for this salad. Made for vegetarian tag.
Yum! I had a tom of spinach to use up so used that instead of lettuce and I think that went well. I loved the pomegranate ( what's NOT to love about pomegranates? LOL) and the very different flavours worked unexpectedly well. Please see my rating system: 4 stars for a quick and easy salad that is a nice change from tomoates, cuccumber etc. Thanks!
This was a really good salad! With the fennel and pomegranate seeds, DH didn't miss the vinegar. I added just a touch to mine, but it was really good without it too. Thanks for this fresh tasting salad!