Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful flavor of lemon and fresh rosemary make this to die for! It's great with garlic bread and a fresh salad on a summer day. If you like grilling, make them into shish kabobs.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- In a large zip lock bag add 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder, and rosemary.
- Add chicken to the bag, seal, shake, and place in fridge for an hour.
- In a bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder, salt, and pepper; set bowl aside.
- Spray cooking spray on large pan and heat to medium.
- Add chicken and juices from bag to pan.
- Brown chicken.
- Slice zucchini and add to chicken.
- Cook zucchini with chicken for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve chicken and zucchini on plates and drizzle mixture from the bowl on top as needed.
Loved it! I followed the recipe and just added corn & a stuffed red pepper to the meal.
I absolutely loved the end results of this recipe -- the lemon flavor was outstanding. Fresh lemon is essential for this! From now on I'll use this chicken as the base in similar dishes and I'll build around it. Next time I'll experiment with other vegetables -- broccoli might be nice for its color and its nutritional value, and I think it would feel more substantial in this dish. This simple recipe will allow for lots of experimentation. Thanks Casie!
Fantastic!!! What a great flavor. I made these into kabobs. I marinated cut up chicken breast for a few hours. I used chicken, zucchini, onion, and grape tomato on my kabobs. Not only pretty, but delicious. We had kabobs, wild grain rice, salad, and garlic bread. For dessert Amanda's Cheese Pound Cake - with strawberries and whipped cream. A fantastic summer dinner! Thank you Casie! :)