Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 3⁄4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons finely snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 5 -5 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°; line fifteen 2 1/2 inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the cake flour, rosemary, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a big bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, lemon extract, and vanilla; beat on med-high speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition, just until combined.
- Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffins cups; cool completely on racks.
- Make glaze--in a small bowl combine powdered sugar and lemon peel.
- Stir in lemon juice to make of spreading consistency.
- Spoon Lemon Glaze over cupcakes; let stand until glaze is set.
Great little cakes. Very tasty and a hit with the family.