Recipe by Candace Michelle
I was eating store bought red pepper hummus when I came across this recipe in Light & Tasty. It quickly replaced the store bought!
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Broil peppers in oven, 4 in from heat until skin blisters, about 5 minutes.
- With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn.
- Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened.
- Immediately place peppers in a bowl. Cover and let stand 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard skin. Remove stems and seeds.
- Place the peppers in a food processor. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, oil, garlic, and seasonings. Cover and process until blended.