Candace Michelle's Note:
I was eating store bought red pepper hummus when I came across this recipe in Light & Tasty. It quickly replaced the store bought!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Broil peppers in oven, 4 in from heat until skin blisters, about 5 minutes.
- 2With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn.
- 3Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened.
- 4Immediately place peppers in a bowl. Cover and let stand 15-20 minutes.
- 5Peel off and discard skin. Remove stems and seeds.
- 6Place the peppers in a food processor. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, oil, garlic, and seasonings. Cover and process until blended.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh-Roasted Sweet Red Pepper Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 686.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g