Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was eating store bought red pepper hummus when I came across this recipe in Light & Tasty. It quickly replaced the store bought!
- Broil peppers in oven, 4 in from heat until skin blisters, about 5 minutes.
- With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn.
- Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened.
- Immediately place peppers in a bowl. Cover and let stand 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard skin. Remove stems and seeds.
- Place the peppers in a food processor. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, oil, garlic, and seasonings. Cover and process until blended.