Recipe by AHales
Fresh salsa with a bit of a kick; great flavour from the tomatoes, peppers and garlic being roasted! After several requests from friends for the recipe, here it is.
- 10 tomatoes
- 3 chilies (jalapeno, or thai chilis are fine)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch cilantro (coriander)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Broil the tomatoes with their skins on until blackened on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile dry pan fry the peppers and garlic (also with their skins on) until blackened, about 10 mins for the peppers and 15 for the garlic.
- Take tomatoes out and remove skins; allow to cool.
- Chop tomatoes in a bowl or put in a food processor to get the right consistency.
- De-seed the peppers and chop finely; remove the garlic’s skins and mince.
- Cut up the onion.
- Add peppers, onion, and garlic to tomatoes along with the juice of one lime.
- Add chopped cilantro per your preference, a dash of pepper and a teaspoon or so of salt.
- Taste and change according to your preferences.