Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not even going to try and fit the turnip and tofu in that title. By Didi Emmons Use waterpacked not silken.
- 16 ounces tofu
- 1 large turnips or 1 small rutabaga
- 2 shallots or 1 small onion, thin slice
- 2 -3 small chilie bell peppers, minced
- 8 curry leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground szechuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 scallions
- 16 ounces fresh rice noodles, pan fried
- Press the tofu then cube into 1/2 inch cubes. Cube the Rutabaga or turnip into 1/2 inch cubes. Use the small skinny Chilie pepper.
- Combine the first 10 ingredients and mix well.
- Melt the butter over med heat in skillet. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Do not let it brown.
- Stir in the tofu mix and water. Simmer until turnip is tender. If it dries out add more water. There should be enough sauce to generously coat the mix.
- Stir in scallions. Serve immed over the pan fried rice noodles. Remove the curry leaves before eating.
- Note there are Vegetarian versions of the Oyster Sauce on Zaar. Check the database of recipes by doing a search for it.