This is a family recipe. It is very yummy and very easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 inches pastry dough, for 8-inch 2 crust pie
- 1 -1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- 3 cups cut up rhubarb (1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 9 inches pastry dough, for 9-inch 2 crust
- 1 1/3-1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 cups cut up fresh rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 inches pastry dough, for 10-inch 2 crust pie
- 1 3/4-2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel, if desired
- 5 cups cut up fresh rhubarb (1/2 inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pastry. Stir together sugar, flour
- 2and orange peel. Turn half the rhubarb into pastry lined pie pan;
- 3sprinkle with half the sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining rhubarb
- 4and sugar; dot with butter. Cover with top crust which has slits cut
- 5in it; seal and flute. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edge with 2 to 3
- 6inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil
- 7last 15 minutes of baking.
- 8Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to
- 9bubble through slits in crust.
- 11Rhubarb - Strawberry Pie.
- 12Substitute sliced fresh strawberries for half the rhubarb and use the
- 13lesser amount of sugar.
- 14Personal Note:.
- 15When using frozen fruit make sure you thaw it completely and let it
- 16completely drain before you measure it.
- 17Not enough rhubarb to make a pie make sauce. Boil rhubarb with sugar
- 18to taste and a little cinnamon or strawberries. Serve with ice cream
- 19or whipped cream or pound cake.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Rhubarb Pie
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 912.8
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 419.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 154.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 104.1 g
- Protein 7.6 g