Recipe by Bev
With Rhubarb season soon coming into focus I wanted to share this wonderful recipe. I discovered this recipe on the internet on AllRecipes.
Top Review by eesmith5118
I love the pie, although I wish the filling were a bit thifcker. It is very juicy. I thought the flour in the filling was a lot though, so I reduced it to 4 T. Turns out I should have made it as is. However, this pie is just delectable as is so 5 stars since the mistake was mine!
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 1⁄3 cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust pie
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine sugar and flour.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of it over pastry in pie plate. Heap rhubarb over this mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar and flour.
- Dot with small pieces of butter. Cover with top crust.
- Place pie on lowest rack in oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F, and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.