1/2 Photos of Fresh Rhubarb Pie
Wayne- Here is my grandmother's recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll half of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Place in a 9-inch pie plate; trim off excess pastry along edges.
- 2Cover with plastic wrap, and chill until ready to fill.
- 3Combine sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg in a heavy saucepan, stirring to blend cornstarch well.
- 4Stir in orange rind, juice and butter.
- 5Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- 6Stir in rhubarb.
- 7Spoon rhubarb mixture into prepared pastry shell.
- 8Roll remaining pastry to 1/4-inch thickness; cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- 9Arrange strips, lattice fashioned, across top of pie. Trim strips even with edges; fold edges under and flute. Bake at 425°F or 10 minutes.
- 10Reduce heat to 350°F and bake an additional 30 minutes or until crust is brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Rhubarb Pie
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 28.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 38.7 g
- Protein 0.6 g