Recipe by Bev
You can use either fresh picked berries or frozen with this recipe. Do not use boxed raspberries if you use frozen. You do not need the syrup. Strain the seeds from the puree for a smoother sorbet. From Cuisine at Home.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
well I thought I had frozen raspberries in my freezer but I did not so I made this using frozen strawberries, this was delicious and next time i am going to be certain to make it using raspberries, thanks bev!
- 1 lb fresh raspberries or 1 lb frozen raspberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice or 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine berries with sugar and citrus juice, crushing them lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Let rest at least 30 minutes, or until the berries release their juice (If using frozen berries, allow to rest until thawed).
- Transfer berries and juice to a food processor and blend until smooth; strain puree, if desired, then chill until cold.
- Freeze puree in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- When frozen, transfer to a freezer container, press a piece of wax paper to top, and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.