Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is my son's recipe (Jon). He made it in his Foods and Nutrition class in High School. So... as soon as he came home from school that day he said" Mom, do we have flour, cream, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter" I said uummm yeah, and he went to town in the kitchen making these. They were so good and when they were done YYuuummmmm...they looked quite easy to make.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 295.73 ml heavy cream
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 59.14 ml raspberries or 59.14 ml blackberries (optional) or 59.14 ml blueberries (optional)
- 59.14 ml chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in cream and *(Berries or chocolate chips if using), and mix gently until dough just comes together.
- Turn out onto lightly floured board and pat into a 10 X 1 1/2 inch round.
- Cut into 8 triangles, brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place 1" apart on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for aprox. 12 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- * if berries are really juicy, put a little less cream in the recipe.
mmmmm good!!! EXACTLY what I was looking for! I used 1/2 cup raspberries AND 1/2 cup white chocolate chips in the same recipe. DELICIOUS AND EASY!!! I've already made these 3 times since finding the recipe and will continue to make them. Thanks for a great, fast, easy recipe!!!
YUM!! These were very good and super easy to make, I used about 1 cup of blackberries. I cut into 8 pieces as recommeded, but next time I will make them a little smaller. Thanks for sharing!
These scones are SUPER easy and taste great too. Made them with fresh rasberries (used one small container) and it was perfect. Plan to drizzle them with dark chocolate ganache next time.