Recipe by Courtly
Top Review by QueenBee49444
Very easy crust recipe with a slightly sweet flavor. I was a little concerned this pie would not turn out when it did not thicken after cooking for 2 minutes in step #7. I boiled and stirred it for an additional 2 minutes but still no thickening. I went ahead and pour (not spooned) the mixture into the prepared pie crust, popped it in the fridge and hoped for the best. We had a delicious raspberry pie. With fresh whipped cream or without - it was terrific. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, plus
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press onto bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in water until smooth; stir in corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in gelatin and vanilla until gelatin is dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Add the raspberries; gently stir to coat.
- Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.