Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
The lovely tartness of raspberries on a shortbread crust - YUMMY. Cook time includes chill time. Recipe comes from The Edmonton Journal.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, plus
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry gelatin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- In large bowl, combine flour and icing sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press onto bottom and sides of an ungreased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in water until smooth; stir in corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin and vanilla, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Add fresh raspberries, gently stir to coat.
- Pour into crust and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.