Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This decadent raspberry mousse cake has only 250 calories per serving. It's 99.9 percent guilt-free. This needs to refrigerate for about 3 hours. Recipe is from Fitness magazine.
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 (4 ounce) package light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam or 1⁄3 cup preserves, preferably seedless
- 1⁄4 cup fresh raspberry (optional)
- 3 tablespoons almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or potato masher until crumbly.
- Reserve 1/2 cup for later use.
- Add yogurt, vanilla and almond extracts, egg, baking powder and baking soda to mixture.
- Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until blended.
- Pour into 8-inch-round nonstick baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and jam; beat at low speed until blended.
- Spread evenly over batter.
- Top with reserved flour mixture, sprinkling of raspberries (optional) and almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until edges are browned and center is nearly set.
- Cool on a rack.
- Refrigerate 3 hours, or until well chilled.
- Cut into 8 wedges.