- 1 angel food cake (cut into 1-inch x 1-inch x 1-inch cubes)
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups superfine sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine I cup sugar, cornstarch, ¼ tsp salt, 4 egg yolks and the lemon juice. Add 2 cups cold water and whisk until boiling.
- Boil one minute and remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon zest and butter, stirring constantly until the butter has melted completely.
- Divide cake cubes into individual glasses
- Pour warm lemon filling over cake
- Top with fresh raspberries and cream.