Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are easy and delicious. The only drawback is having to use the oven in the middle of summer, but they're worth it.
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups fresh red raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray; preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture and stir until moist.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar, sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Pour batter into bottom of pan; pour cream cheese mixture over batter; scatter raspberries over top of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, let cool, and cut into bars.
These bars were so easy and delicious and the perfect way to use fresh raspberries from my bushes. Again, they do take longer to bake than stated in the recipe, but everything else is spot on!
Very good. Yes I baked for about 40 minutes. I may try to add some chopped walnuts to the crust batter. Taste is great with the berries!
took longer to bake than expected but family loved them