Top Review by sarahkleinhans
This was so easy and wonderful! I just split a pumpkin, took out the seeds and microwaved it until soft. When I pureed the pumpkin in my cuisinart, I added a bit of 1/2 and 1/2 to make it a little creamy. I also used 1/2 and 1/2 instead of whipping cream. Also followed the previous reviewers ideas on spices. My family INHALED it and we are not desset eaters. THANK YOU!
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (9 inch) pastry pie shells
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup honey, warmed slightly
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pumpkin in half, and remove seeds.
- Lightly oil the cut surface.
- Place cut side down on a jelly roll pan lined with foil and lightly oiled.
- Bake at 325°F (165°C) until the flesh is tender when poked with a fork.
- Cool until just warm.
- Scrape the pumpkin flesh from the peel.
- Either mash, or puree in small batches in a blender.
- In large bowl, blend together 2 cups pumpkin puree, spices, and salt.
- Beat in eggs, honey, milk, and cream.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge of pie comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.