Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- Cut pumpkin in half, and remove seeds.
- Lightly oil the cut surface.
- Place cut side down on a jelly roll pan lined with foil and lightly oiled.
- Bake at 325°F (165°C) until the flesh is tender when poked with a fork.
- Cool until just warm.
- Scrape the pumpkin flesh from the peel.
- Either mash, or puree in small batches in a blender.
- In large bowl, blend together 2 cups pumpkin puree, spices, and salt.
- Beat in eggs, honey, milk, and cream.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge of pie comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This was so easy and wonderful! I just split a pumpkin, took out the seeds and microwaved it until soft. When I pureed the pumpkin in my cuisinart, I added a bit of 1/2 and 1/2 to make it a little creamy. I also used 1/2 and 1/2 instead of whipping cream. Also followed the previous reviewers ideas on spices. My family INHALED it and we are not desset eaters. THANK YOU!
This pie was the BEST pumpkin pie I have ever had or made! I love that there is honey instead of sugar, my family LOVED this pie!. I did however, double the cinnamon and ginger, cut the salt in half and used 1/2 and 1/2 instead of heavy cream and milk. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!