Recipe by T-Logan
Pumpkin blondies (brownies minus the chocolate) made from fresh pumpkin. The best pumpkin brownie/blondie you'll ever put in your mouth. Spicy, moist and even better after they sit overnight. It's like a pumpkin party in your mouth. :)
- 1 pie pumpkin (see notes) or 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon clove
- 1⁄2 tablespoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9x9 baking pan (I used 2 8x8s).
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in medium bowl.
- In large bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla, then mix in pumpkin.
- Batter will be thick. Spread evenly in prepared pan/pans. Drizzle pure maple syrup over top of batter, in lines, before baking.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost completely clean. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Notes: I made this with baked fresh baked pie pumpkin (halved, cleaned out, and baked, cut side down, in a baking pan at 350 for an hour or until done) and haven't tried using puree out of a can. You may need to adjust for more liquid in canned preparations. Haven't made this with walnuts yet, but they should complement it well. Spices should be adjusted to taste.