Recipe by Stacia Hayes
A moist and delicious alternative to cake, made with healthy, fresh pumpkin. Canned pumpkin fills the key ingredient, but fresh is much better tasting! I always omit the nuts.
Top Review by Cowbird
I tried this recipe as muffins, miniature muffins, and a bundt cake. My family gobbled it up. I don't usually use pumpkin pie spice so I looked on this site for an alternative and found one that called for 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp. nutmeg 1/4 tsp. cloves and 1/2 scant tsp ginger. I didn't have any ginger so just left it out. They loved it.
- 177.44 ml sugar or 177.44 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 118.29 ml brown sugar or 118.29 ml Splenda brown sugar blend, packed
- 236.59 ml cooked pumpkin, mashed or 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml oil
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml water
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 6.16 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 118.29 ml nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray standard size loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugars, pumpkin, oil, vanilla extract, water, and eggs.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Slowly add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- BUNDT: Double recipe. (My personal preference.) Drizzle with a 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, and 1/2 cup butter glaze. Melt sugar in butter. Add nuts and drizzle over top of cooled bundt bread.
- MUFFINS: Recipe makes 18 muffins. Reduce baking time to 35 minutes.
- Freezable for a quick, healthy alternative for dessert.