1/1 Photo of Fresh Pumpkin Bread
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Stacia Hayes's Note:
A moist and delicious alternative to cake, made with healthy, fresh pumpkin. Canned pumpkin fills the key ingredient, but fresh is much better tasting! I always omit the nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar or 3/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, packed
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin, mashed or 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Spray standard size loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 2Combine sugars, pumpkin, oil, vanilla extract, water, and eggs.
- 3Sift together dry ingredients. Slowly add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- 4Pour into prepared baking dish.
- 5Bake at 350°F for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 7BUNDT: Double recipe. (My personal preference.) Drizzle with a 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, and 1/2 cup butter glaze. Melt sugar in butter. Add nuts and drizzle over top of cooled bundt bread.
- 8MUFFINS: Recipe makes 18 muffins. Reduce baking time to 35 minutes.
- 9Freezable for a quick, healthy alternative for dessert.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 260.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g