Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
San Choy's Polynesian Kitchen
- 1 1⁄2 lbs prawns, fresh, large peeled, de-veined, cubed
- 4 limes, juice of
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- chopped scallion (to garnish)
- Place fresh prawns in a bowl, and squeeze lime juice over them.
- Add a pinch of salt, and marinate for 5 minutes.
- Remove half of the juice, and add the onion, tomatoes, parsley, coconut milk. and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with scallions, and serve.
What a lovely treat morgainegeiser. It was quite unlike anything that we have tried before. We were a little leary about cooking the shrimp in the lime juice, but boy of boy do they taste good prepared this way. Thank you so much for sharing this unique recipe. All the flavors blend beautifully together to create a memorable dish, which I will make again.
I admit that when I tagged this recipe, I had no idea the shrimp weren't cooked over heat. DH said to make it according to the directions, so I did. Since I had jasmine rice in the rice cooker which I had planned to serve with this "cooked" dish, at the last minute I threw in the marinated shrimp into the cooked rice in the cooker, and I placed atop all of the other ingredients, except for the green onion, which I held back for garnish. I neglected to pour off 1/2 lime juice before throwing the shrimp atop the cooked rice. I would do the same with the rice cooker, but I would first remove 1/2 the lime juice. Anyway, we enjoyed it as it came out! Thanks, morgainegeiser! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #60.