Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
A friend gave me fresh plums, and she shared this recipe. This is phenomenal. This recipe won the Taste of Home 'On the Road' Contest. It's a keeper. Serve with a scoop of ice cream if you like. It was fantastic warm from the oven with no topping in my opinion.
- 7 large plums (pitted and quartered)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the plums, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, baking powder, salt, mace, and cup of flour.
- Add egg and stir with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over plum mixture.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 375 for 40 to 45 minutes or until plums are tender and top is golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I made this recipe yesterday and it was fabulous! I followed the recipe exactly as written except at the end I did not drizzle it with 1/2 cup of melted butter instead I placed little shavings of butter on top of the batter in numerous places. It browned evenly and everyone in the family thoroughly enjoyed it. I will be making this again soon.
This is a super tasty dessert. The only changes I made were to sub cloves for mace, reduce the butter to 1/4 and spray the spots the butter didn't hit with spray butter. What came out of the oven was a hot fruit compote topped with a crunchy cookies type crust. I will def make this again and possibly with peaches. Thanks