1/1 Photo of Fresh Plum Cake
A quick and simple moist, dense cake with the flavour of plums and brown sugar. Feel free to use any fruit or berries you like instead of the plums. I used half whole wheat and half all purpose flour when I made this and also used light cream cheese and fat free yogurt. Cup measurements are estimates as I normally use grams.
My Private Note
9inch c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350/180/Gas 4 and grease a round 9 inch/24cm pan.
- 2Toss chopped plums (or other fruit) with 1 tablespoon flour.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, beat cream cheese to soften then beat in brown sugar.
- 5Add eggs one at a time, beating throughly after each addition.
- 6Add half the flour mix to the cheese mix and fold then add the yogurt and stir to combine.
- 7Add the rest of the flour mix and beat until smooth.
- 8Fold in the floured plums.
- 9Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for around 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Plum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 326.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g