Recipe by SallyDe
A quick and simple moist, dense cake with the flavour of plums and brown sugar. Feel free to use any fruit or berries you like instead of the plums. I used half whole wheat and half all purpose flour when I made this and also used light cream cheese and fat free yogurt. Cup measurements are estimates as I normally use grams.
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar (120g)
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese (100g)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (120g)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (170g)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 cup plum, chopped (200g)
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350/180/Gas 4 and grease a round 9 inch/24cm pan.
- Toss chopped plums (or other fruit) with 1 tablespoon flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese to soften then beat in brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating throughly after each addition.
- Add half the flour mix to the cheese mix and fold then add the yogurt and stir to combine.
- Add the rest of the flour mix and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the floured plums.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for around 30 minutes.