Recipe by Tamibic2
This is such a beautiful and easy cake! I was so excited when I flipped it over and WOW - it really is impressive! I can't wait until my husband comes home to see/eat it!
- 12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 medium plums, halved, pitted &, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Place 6 tablespoons of melted butter in 9" round cake pan, add brown sugar and spread evenly on bottom.
- Arrange plums around the pan overlapping and place blueberries in the center.
- In large bowl, cream remaining butter with sugar and lemon zest, add egg and beat until combined.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder& salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in three batches, alternating with the milk.
- Pour batter into cake pan and spread evenly over plums.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean- about 50 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then invert to plate.