Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I vegan-ized and thermomix-ized Fresh Plum & Blueberry Upside-Down Cake. Delicious and simple!
Make and share this Fresh Plum and Blueberry Upside Down Cake - the Vegan Version recipe from Food.com.
- 180 g vegan butter
- 130 g brown sugar
- 3 medium plums, sliced as thin as possible
- 55 g blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegan egg replacer powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- zest of one lemon
- 180 g white sugar
- 160 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C
- In a small skillet, melt half of the butter, 90 grams. Pour into a lined 9 inch cake pan.
- Add the brown sugar and stir it evenly across the surface of the pan.
- Arrange the plum slices around the edge of the pan in a couple of overlapping layers. Place the blueberries in the center.
- Measure out the soy milk. Add in the lemon juice which will curdle it! Whisk in the vegan egg replacer powder and the water until completely combined.
- Get out the Thermomix! Combine the remaining butter, 90 grams - the sugar and the lemon zest. Blitz until combined. 5-10 seconds/speed 5.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Pour the soy milk/egg replacer mixture over all. Mix 20 seconds/speed 4. Scrape down sides. Mix 10 second/speed 3.
- Pour batter over plums and blueberries.
- Bake at 350°F or 180°C until a cake tester comes out clean - about 50 minutes.
- Let rest in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto the serving dish. Beautiful!