Recipe by mary winecoff
Quick and easy salad from The World of Cooking. Could also be used as dessert. Posted for ZWT #7.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled
- silvers fresh coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons coconut liqueur
- 1 inch gingerroot
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the pineapple and arrange in a serving dish and scatter the coconut slivers on top.
- Place the pineapple juice and coconut liqueur in a saucepan and heat gently.
- Thinly slice the ginger and add to the pan. Bring just to the boil and then simmer gently until the liquid is slightly reduced and the sauce if fairly thick.
- Pour the sauce over the pineapple and coconut and leave to cool, then chill before serving.