Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love sweet and spicy together and this salsa gives you both. Serve with your favorite chips or as a topping for grilled chicken, fish or pork.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2-1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (add to taste)
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the pineapple, cilantro, green onion, jalapeno, zest and juice from the lime, sugar and salt and pepper to a medium bowl. Stir to combine the ingredients and serve or put in the fridge and let the flavors meld.
- Adjust the amount of jalepeno and green onion to taste.
So refreshingly good. I made as directed with a red jalapeno. Thanks momaphet for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
I started with precut fresh pineapple so this couldn't have been any easier. I liked the contrast of sweet and spicy, but thought the lime gave it a wow note. I served with brown rice- sweet potato triscuits for Zingo ZWT9.
Very good basic fruit salsa.