Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light's 1990 Annual Cookbook. To be served with unsalted chips or roast pork. Cook time is the 1 hour of sitting at room temperature. Be careful with the hot pepper. Don't touch your skin while handling the pepper and wear gloves if your skin is sensitive to irritants.
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 3⁄4 cups diced pineapple
- 1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup diced green onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Combine tomato, pineapple, cucumber, onion, pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl; toss well.
- Stir in vinegar and oil. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.