Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The fresh pineapple is drenched with the sweet-salty flavor that Thailand is known for.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed (might need 2)
- 1 small fresh pineapple
- 1 red apple, sliced
- 3 green onions, with tops sliced
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, shredded
- Shake oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and brown sugar in tightly covered jar.
- Cut off top of pineapple; cut pineapple into fourths.
- Cut fruit from rind, remove core and "eyes".
- Slice each fourth lengthwise and then crosswise into chunks.
- Toss pineapple chunks, apple and green onions with dressing.
- Place romaine in bowl, mound fruit in center.
A very refreshing salad. Can't wait to try it with fresh home grown leaf lettuce!
Fantastic! This is a wonderfully fresh, tasty salad combination. The dressing is light and the fruit and vegetables marry well. I served it as part of a luau and for ZWT 7.
This was a really nice salad. We always have a lot of pineapples and apples, so this was a really fun new way to eat them! A not-too-sweet fruit salad with lettace! Thanks! Made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #20.