Recipe by hennypenny49
On one of my many cookbook /recipe searches , I found a cookbook called Americana Cookery. I liked the name , but I loved some of the recipes in it even more. Thought I might place some of them here for safe keeping and to share
Top Review by Pame M.
Everyone was impressed at how good this pie is! Not hard to make either! This will certainly be a regular for family gatherings! ;-) Delicious! I added the butter in the pie mixture before cooking... It wasn't mentioned what to do with it in the recipe...
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, shredded
- 2⁄3-1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 frozen pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Twist crown from pineapple. Cut pineapple into quarters. Remove fruit from shell. Core and cut pineapple into bite-size chunks.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt, stir in eggs.
- Add lemon juice and pineapple, mixing well.
- Spoon filling into crust. Top with remaining crust.
- Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake at 450* for 10 min.
- Reduce temprature to 350*
- Bake for 35 min longer.