Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
On one of my many cookbook /recipe searches , I found a cookbook called Americana Cookery. I liked the name , but I loved some of the recipes in it even more. Thought I might place some of them here for safe keeping and to share
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, shredded
- 2⁄3-1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- Twist crown from pineapple. Cut pineapple into quarters. Remove fruit from shell. Core and cut pineapple into bite-size chunks.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt, stir in eggs.
- Add lemon juice and pineapple, mixing well.
- Spoon filling into crust. Top with remaining crust.
- Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake at 450* for 10 min.
- Reduce temprature to 350*
- Bake for 35 min longer.
Everyone was impressed at how good this pie is! Not hard to make either! This will certainly be a regular for family gatherings! ;-) Delicious! I added the butter in the pie mixture before cooking... It wasn't mentioned what to do with it in the recipe...