Top Review by Kosher Kook #2
This was good, but not quite sweet enough for me. Also, I may have needed to bake it just a little longer. It was very moist (sticky) and didn't hold together very well. I'll share it with coworkers tomorrow and get more feedback. Chilling it may make a difference in texture.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons soft butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple (packed firmly, with pineapple bits and juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the first four ingredients.
- Add nuts to the dry mixture.
- Cream together sugar, butter and eggs until fluffy.
- Stir in half the flour mixture.
- Add pineapple.
- Blend in the remaining flour mixture and pour onto a well greased 9x5x3 inch pan.
- Combine 2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the bread mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.