Recipe by Barb G.
A very easy fresh fruit salad, so good on a summer evening or for brunch.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
A nice combination of fruit, but all I could really taste was the sourness of the lime. It really needed a couple of tablespoonfuls of sugar (or honey) to tie in the fruit with the lime.
- 1 whole pineapple
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and cut in chunks
- 1⁄4 lb seedless grapes
- 1 apple, peeled cored and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 lime, quartered, as garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pineapple, lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut away and discard core.
- Remove pineapple flesh by carefully cutting between it and the outer skin of pineapple to use the shell for a salad bowl.
- Cut pineapple into chunks and combine with remaining ingredients, except lime wedges, in a bowl.
- Gently toss and chill if desired.
- Serve fruit salad in a pineapple shell topped with lime garnish.