Recipe by chia
fresh fruits and vegetables always make great meals!
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
This is AMAZING! My daughter went back for seconds, that never happens! I cubed the chicken, added more pineapple, sweet bell pepper to the mix and a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan. It made for a light sauce. Served over basmati rice. YUM! I cannot wait to make this again! I haven't been this excited about a recipe in a very long time. Thanks Chia!
Made for Best of 2012 Tag game
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- in 2 tbsp oil, saute onion in skillet.
- add pineapple, cook until softened, set aside.
- combine rub ingredients and rub on breasts, coating well.
- brown in oil, 3 minutes per side, until browned.
- add pineapple mixture back to skillet.
- cover and simmer 5 minutes,, turn breasts over and cook 5 mins more serve over couscous.