Recipe by Dee514
Although this is a wonderful ice cream recipe (IMHO), it is an old one, and contains raw egg. Please feel free to use a fresh egg substitute or pasteurized eggs in this recipe. You may leave out the egg altogether, but the texture may suffer. The "Cook time" is for the processing time of my (your) ice cream machine. The 1/2 to 1 hour "chill time" was not included in the Prep/Cook time.
Top Review by Messy44
My DS the strawberry man had two enormous bowls and his eyes rolled back in his head. Five stars for sure. No change, easy to make. Used the egg. Will make again, no question. First time I ever made ice cream and this was a screaming success. Thanks.
- 354.88 ml pureed fresh strawberries (If using frozen sliced strawberries in sugar or syrup, decrease or omit sugar in recipe.)
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 egg (or equivalent amount of "egg substitute")
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree all ingredients in a blender (if you want larger chunks of strawberries, only process 2/3 the amount in the blender, adding the remainder of sliced/diced strawberries to the mixture after blending).
- Chill mixture for 1/2 to 1 hour until cold.
- Process according to the freezing instructions for your ice cream machine.