Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tomato-less salsa made with fresh bell peppers and other fresh vegetables. It's great on any Mexican dish, or anything you might use salsa for. It's my own recipe.
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 large yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1⁄4 cucumber
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Finely mince all the fresh vegetables, and mix well in a bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice and olive oil.
- Slowly add the powdered ingredients while stirring.
WOW! I LOVE this! The flavors together area awesome, and since my tomatoes didnt do squat this year, this is as good as it's going to get!
Loved it! My friend brought a no-tomato salsa to a potluck and it was so good that I found myself craving it. I couldn't find a similar recipe until I stumbled across this and I'm so glad I did! I didn't have all the ingredients, so I substituted in what I had: Green peppers instead of yellow and red, and raw zucchini instead of cucumber. I chopped everything up pretty finely and was very pleased with the results. If you don't care much for tomatoes, this should be a go-to salsa recipe.