Fresh Peas With Mint and Green Onions
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, shell peas (you should have about 4 cups).
- Cook peas in boiling water until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a medium bowl.
- While peas are cooking, trim and discard the root ends and dark green leaves of green onions.
- Halve white and light green parts lengthwise and thinly slice crosswise. Set aside. Chop mint and set aside.
- Add butter to hot peas and toss until butter is melted and peas are coated. Add green onions, chives, and mint and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve immediately.