This is a nice little cake. I have no idea where it came from. I clipped it from somewhere years ago.
My Private Note
8inch c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large fresh pear
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1 cup warm light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon melted shortening
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ready to eat natural bran
- whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
- 1Combine butter and sugar in 8-inch cake pan.
- 2Melt butter over low heat and spread evenly over bottom of pan.
- 3Pare fruit and slice lengthwise.
- 4Remove core and slice thinly lengthwise.
- 5Arrange slices in a circle in pan and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 6Beat egg yolks well.
- 7Add syrup and beat more.
- 8Stir in vanilla and melted shortening.
- 9Sift together and stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- 10Stir in bran.
- 11Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into batter.
- 12Spread over pears.
- 13Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- 14Cool 10 minutes and turn out onto plate while still very warm.
- 15Serve with whipped or ice cream (optional).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Pear Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (902 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2376.3
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 484.0 mg
- Sodium 1747.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 486.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.7 g
- Sugars 188.7 g
- Protein 30.5 g