Pears are now used in all aspects of cooking. Try this salad that's made exciting with pears and a delicious Asian dressing! Adapted from Southern Living magazine.
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 red pears, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
Asian Sesame Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- To make the dressing:.
- Whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and red pepper with the oil. Set aside. (Makes 1/2 cup).
- To make salad:.
- Toss together the cabbage, lettuce, pears, carrots, and green onion in a large bowl, and drizzle with Asian Sesame Dressing, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately.