1 hr 30 mins
A recipe by request. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds like a really moist recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter a bundt pan and dust well with flour.
- 3Puree pears in a food processor.
- 4In a small bowl mix the pureed pears, vanilla, lemon juice, cinnamon, and ground ginger.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted.
- 7Sift flour and baking powder.
- 8With an electric mixer (med-high), beat the eggs and brown sugar for 5 minutes, until well creamed.
- 9Slowly add milk and melted butter mixture.
- 10Add the pear mixture and applesauce.
- 11Add the flour and baking powder, beating until just combined.
- 12Pour the batter into bundt pan.
- 13Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 14Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or warm fruit compote.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Pear Cake w/ compote
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 200.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g