Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe by request. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds like a really moist recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pears, pureed (4 to 5 pears)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 5 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a bundt pan and dust well with flour.
- Puree pears in a food processor.
- In a small bowl mix the pureed pears, vanilla, lemon juice, cinnamon, and ground ginger.
- Set aside.
- Heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- With an electric mixer (med-high), beat the eggs and brown sugar for 5 minutes, until well creamed.
- Slowly add milk and melted butter mixture.
- Add the pear mixture and applesauce.
- Add the flour and baking powder, beating until just combined.
- Pour the batter into bundt pan.
- Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or warm fruit compote.
Beautiful - just as moist and sweet as promised (even after I forgot the applesauce!)
I did mine in a loaf tin as I didn't have a bundt pan (and didn't even know what one was until today, I'll admit!)
Served with thickened cream and #327564 "Pear-Date Compote".