- 2 cups pears, peels left on, grated
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pears and sugar in a medium bowl. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Add all dry ingredients, eggs, and vegetable oil, to the pear mixture.
- Add vanilla and chopped nuts.
- Beat thorougly until mixed.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour in a greased and floured bundt or tube pan.