Mom brought the original recipe home from a local grocery and after some adapting to our tastes, this is what we came up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups peaches, FRESH, pitted and chopped (leavimg the skin on)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup flour (plus 3 tablespoons for fruit)
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, well chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and chopped into small cubes
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine peaches, blueberries and 2 tablespoons flour in square 9 inch baking dish.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix remaining 3/4 cup flour with ginger, sugars, pecans, salt, cinnamon, lemon zest, juice and butter (use hands for best results).
- 4Combine this mixture well and crumble it over the fruit and bake, covered for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes. Crumble should be golden on top and the fruit soft and bubbling hot.
- 6Serve warm from the oven with a dollop of your favorite ice cream or whipped topping. I have also used a dollop of peach or vanilla yogurt for the more "healthy" eaters in my family.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Peachy Pecan Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.1
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 102.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: