Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mom brought the original recipe home from a local grocery and after some adapting to our tastes, this is what we came up with.
- 6 cups peaches, FRESH, pitted and chopped (leavimg the skin on)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup flour (plus 3 tablespoons for fruit)
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, well chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and chopped into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine peaches, blueberries and 2 tablespoons flour in square 9 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix remaining 3/4 cup flour with ginger, sugars, pecans, salt, cinnamon, lemon zest, juice and butter (use hands for best results).
- Combine this mixture well and crumble it over the fruit and bake, covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes. Crumble should be golden on top and the fruit soft and bubbling hot.
- Serve warm from the oven with a dollop of your favorite ice cream or whipped topping. I have also used a dollop of peach or vanilla yogurt for the more "healthy" eaters in my family.