Recipe by knobbyknee
This recipe is different than any other peaches and cream pies I have read on zaar. It is delicious. Cook time is for the glaze and the passive time is for slicing the peaches and cool time for glaze. This pie is fairly quick to make. I just made this pie again (July 2007), this time I cut the water back to 1/4 cup and used all Splenda. I liked the glaze better this time. It held its shape better and didn't run everywhere. The glaze was "cloudy" looking instead of a more clear look, I think because of the Splenda.
- 1 peach, pureed
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 -6 peaches, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Glaze: Mix the sugar and cornstarch in saucepan until lump free. Add the water and pureed peach. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly (over medium-high heat). Once at a boil, continue to cook for one more minute at the same temperature. Allow to thicken and cool.
- Cream Cheese Layer: Mix cream cheese and butter until incorporated. Slowly add the sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Making the Pie: Using your favorite already baked pie crust, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly into the crust. Mix the glaze with the 5-6 sliced peaches and pour onto the cream cheese layer. Cover with whipped cream, or Cool Whip if desired.
- My recipe only says to "serve within a few hours", but I think that if you place it in the fridge it will hold together better (I have not tried it yet, let me know if you have any success). It is messy to cut, doesn't hold it's shape.