Recipe by kitchen_mom
A great way to use fresh peaches. My kids absolutely love it...my 17 month old proclaims "nom nom nom" while eating it!
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for Farmer's Market Tag 2009. Made this for a gal at work's birthday and it was a hit! Very moist and not overly sweet. The only thing that I had a problem with was not knowing exactly how long it should have cooled in the pan before turning it out. The topping and part of the cake stuck to the bottom of the pan, but I scraped it out with a spatula and put it on the cake. Tasted great anyway! Thanks for posting this kitchen mom!
- 2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1⁄4 cup of loose brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch pan. Layer the peaches in the bottom of the pan and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix butter, eggs, and vanilla on medium speed until mixture starts to get foamy.
- Add the salad oil to the milk, then alternate milk and flour mixtures into the butter and egg mixture. Mix until smoothly combined.
- Pour into pan on top of peaches.
- Bake on middle rack for around 25 minutes or until tests done.